kill black mould spores

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to find a product for my daughter. Her bedroom has a severe black mould problem due to the previous owners being allergic to fresh air and ventilation!
I know that using a bleach solution will remove the mould but will not kill the spores. Can anyone recommend some products - bearing in mind that she is going to paper the room once the problem is dealt with. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
bleach will kill it including the spores. there are washes containing Sodium Hypochlorate (sp?) which is a bleach-type wash and will evaporate away (it is a chlorine-bleach product).

you can get other fungicidal/anti-mould washes at your local painter and decorator's merchant (but these include persistent poisons and you should not need them if you have improved the ventilation and dried out the walls.

you can use a fungicidal wallpaper paste too if you want

however

If the wall has been long-term damp you may do better to apply a matt emulsion paint until it has finished drying, and paper it next year. Damp walls dry out at the rate of about an inch of thickness per month, so a 4-inch block wall plus plaster could take 5 months or so if damp right through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back