Kitchen Appliance Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help in wiring up my kitchen. Have just moved in and ripped out the entire kitchen and WAS about to wire up the Single oven (3.5KW), when I noticed that the wall terminals were fed by 2.5mm standard ring main flex. This ring main also feeds a number of other appliances, fridge. dish washer, waste disposal, tumble drier, washing machine and Gas central heating. The circuit has a 32A MCB. Does it sound feasible for the Oven to be added onto this circuit given the flex suppliying it. There is also another 32A Cooker circuit, but this is dedicated to the 6.2KW Hob. Any ideas. Need help fast as this has now stalled the instalation of the kitchen

Sponsored Links

I have removed this and another of your posts as the information given as admited by your self is wrong

No - but it's nothing to do with the rest of the loading.

3.5kW is 15.22A, which is too much for either a socket outlet or an FCU, and that's all that should be on a ring circuit.

What's the 32A cooker circuit wired with? If you put the oven on that as well, would they both be within 2m of the isolation switch? Standard diversity calcs for a 9.7kW cooking appliance come to a load of 20A..

But mainly, if the kitchen is ripped apart, could you not swiftly install a 2.5mm² or 4mm² circuit for it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back