kitchen cabinets/doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason why I can't attach B&Q kitchen front panels (doors and drawers) to IKEA cabinets?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
They may be a couple of mm difference in them, but should all be standard sizes.
If you already have doors that you are replacing, give them a measure to make sure.

the hinges might be in the wrong place but that's only a few holes to drill in the carcass so I don't envisage much difficulty..

bloody ikea make most of their stuff so that other common things will not fit together with it. you can't buy their lamp shades unless you also buy a new special ikea pendant!

I can certainly envisage their kitchens being the same so just check it out for sure.

Sponsored Links
bloody ikea make most of their stuff so that other common things will not fit together with it. you can't buy their lamp shades unless you also buy a new special ikea pendant!
IIRC, they sell an adaptor. Just a ring that fits onto a British pendant and allows the shade to fit.

Their pendants, by the way, have daft 2 terminal connectors with push terminals. The flex is restrained on a piece of plastic (seperate from the rose cover). The piece of plastic hooks onto a hook (that you supply) in the ceiling. One you have made the connections (and supplied extra terminals for loop and earth), the rose cover slides up the flex to the ceiling, and tightens around the flex with a gland. Therefore its hard to get the cover to sit flush with the ceiling. Just look round Ikea to see this!

It think Ikea tend to use 700mm carcase heights whereas B&Q like most other UK companies have 720mm carcases so doors will be different heights

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back