Kitchen extension and LABC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an extension done, with full planning permission. The building control officer who has inspected the kitchen wiring before I cover it, states I still have to have it tested - at my expense! Surely that is the purpose of having an inspection by the building regs people, whom I have already paid a handsome sum of money! Can ayone advise me on this?

Sponsored Links
I assume that you are doing the work yourself as a competent person but are not registered with a self-certification scheme?

Officially it should be at their cost - see approved document P.

I had the same issue with my LABC (see this thread)

Initially the council requested that I employ an electrician to test and issue a certificate of conformance to BS7671. After reading through the documents linked from the Wiki I wrote back to them and they agreed that they would arrange for their own electrician to do a PIR and they would then issue a certificate of completion. :D [/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back