Kitchen Extraction Options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some ideas regarding kitchen extractions:

I was in the middle of a kitchen renovation and had cut the hole in the external wall ready for the new hood to go in, sites above the position of the new hob.

However, sadly the whole project has had to be binned meaning I'm left with my old hob nowhere near the new hood site. The old hood is gone and the wall it was hung on is gone too.

So, I was wondering if anyone could think of a good way of dealing with the extraction given my current situation.

I could put a bog standard extractor on the wall, but I've no idea how good they are for kitchen smells etc. are normal extractors any good for kitchens?

Sponsored Links
Because the hob is on the leg of an L shaped worktop, away from any wall. There used to be a partition above the hob which had the old extractor on it but that is now gone.

The only way we'd get an extractor hood above it would be to put an island hood in, from the ceiling, but we'd need to then run the ducting alOng the ceiling, down the wall and to the new hole. Far from ideal. Can't run ducting above ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Would still require somewhere to put it. Thus we'd need to get an island hood, which are far from cheap, plus I'd need to get power to the middle of the celing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back