Kitchen - Extraction required ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm in the midst of obtaining permission to install a kitchen in a leased shop. The question I have is around extraction. The room I plan to convert has no additional ventilation (ie. Windows / Outside Extraction). It does however have 2 doors to other rooms in the building which have a door way to the outside.

I plan to fit 2 electric ovens (no requirements for a hob/stove). There is no gas in the shop.

Do I need to have an extraction facility to service basically 2 electric ovens ?

The reason I'm asking this question is because venting out is not a simple option because of where this room is place in the building.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If this kitchen is similar to a domestic one - ie similar to what may be at home, and used as such, then the requirements are a mechanical fan of 30 litres/second extact rate if near a hob or 60 litres/second if elsewhere - either must have a 15 minute over-run.

If this is a commercial kitchen, then you need much more involved ventialtion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back