Kitchen Mixer Tap - Dripping from hot inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having done a search of the forum and information, I can't seem to find the answer to my issue (sorry if I'm missed an article/thread!)

Yesterday we battled our old kitchen tap out from the sink and installed out new one with the flexible pipes to connect the water. Once we turned the water back on, we noticed that there is a substantial drip coming from the hot water inlet.

We removed the piping and wiped it down to make sure there was no debris coming between the connections and reconnected. Sure enough, we turn the water back on and there's the drip again....

I presently have the hot water turned off so that I can find a resolution to the problem and get everything back in order asap.

Thanks in advance for your help - if you need pictures, I'll be more than happy to take some.

Sponsored Links
Little O ring missing :?: where it screws in under tap

did you use new olives/washers, pics may help.

Thanks for your replies :)

I checked the little 'o's when we took it off again and they were there and looked fine (they were brand new with the tap)

We used new olives with the new connectors as we had to adapt the pipe to fit the end of the flexible pipes (sorry, not really up on my terminology!) :oops:

Here is the area where the drip is coming from - the left hand flexible pipe just underneath the tap
3851454181_c7dd5de634.jpg

You can see some of the remaining water on the cold pipe at the bottom. The connectors that are there were new yesterday too.

Here is the new tap (if that's of any help!?)
3852250086_3753c1c5da.jpg

and this is an idea of the set up we had to remove
3852251104_86a6abd418.jpg

If you need any closer pics, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again! I'd love to get this fixed!

Sponsored Links
it is possible the pipe is damaged, it is a bit of a pain but you could strip both out and swap them to see if leak stays on hot side or moves to cold, then at least you will confirm if flexi or tap itself is faulty

Hi Kirkgas, thanks for your reply - I hadn't even thought about a faulty pipe! :oops:

I stripped it down and swapped them over and the hot tap was still the problem. Taking a closer look, I realised that the pipe couldn't screw in up to the washer (guessing a fault with the tap) so I have added an additional O ring from the last system and put it all back together again.

So far (20 mins) it has been okay with no drips! I'll keep an eye on it of course, but it seems to have solved the problem! *touch wood*

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back