Kitchen Radiator cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there hoping someone can help

I recently had installed a brand new combi-boiler system and radiators.

System Configuration:

Boiler
Make: Worcester-Bosch
Model: Greenstar 24i Junior

Radiators
Make: Stelrad
Model: Compact

TVR's fitted on all radiators including the affected one, honeywell room thermstat and the Worcester-bosch digital programmer is installed in the boiler.

All the radiators are fine expect the one in the kitchen. We have had the system in just over a week and made a number of calls to the installation team with very little joy.

The kitchen radiator is causing a problem. The TVR is on 5 (max.) and I have bled it. It gets hot when the system is first on, but after about an hour it goes cold, as do the pipes leading up to it. I bleed it when this happens - water comes straight out, only for it to get hot again then go cold after about an hour.

I contacted the installers, and they said, is your TVR fully open - which it is, is your boiler set to Max for central heating - which it is, and is your room themostat up past 22 degrees - which it is.

I have explained to them the above, but they have said let the system settle in or bleed the radiator - is this the case?

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your installers are b******* you. There is no reason to expect the system to "settle in" beyond the first test firing and venting is pointless once the rad is full of water.

I suspect a faulty TRV - remove the head from the valve body to see if that solves anything. But most importantly insist that the installers sort it out.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I did think that the valve could be causing the problem having read this site and it's content - which is great.

I think the reason the installers said that is because they are stacked with 'new work' at the minute.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back