Kitchen waste pipe problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to fit a new kitchen next week (first time...) and I've noticed that the sink wast pipe currently drops through the bottom of the cabinet and into a pipe in the concrete floor. Measuring the new cabinets this pipe is going to be under the dishwasher by about 2 or 3 inches as everything is moving along a bit.

There will be about 3" gap between the floor and the dishwasher so could I fit a 90 elbow straight out the floor and left before going up into the bottom of the sink cabinet or maybe a flexible pipe? My concern is flow and blocking etc.

The only other thing I can think of is to block off the existing pipe and make a new hole through the wall and into the drain for the outside tap.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you have a drainage gully outside for outside tap and you can design your kitchen waste system so it makes more sense to go to that gully, I would if that was the most practical method or if it is better to use the existing,do that> Just remember now you have your kitchen out, to take a little time considering the best option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back