Laminate floor around curved toilet base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've laid laminate flooring in the bathroom, but not sure how to finish / seal the gap around the curved base of the toilet. The gap is quite wide in parts (1cm?)!

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo greenmummy and welcome :D:D:D:D

assuming you have white porcilain a bead of white sanitry silicon taperd to shed any fluids onto the laminate floor
youll need to do more than one application to get it right

snap you beat me moz :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks Moz! I should have mentioned the gap around the toilet base is pretty uneven - ie 1.5cm wide in parts, and much more narrow in other parts.

So other than white sealant, is there anything like a flexible trim that could be laid over the gap to disguise it, rather than something to fill it? If not, will give the sealant a try.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
done properly the silicone will be virtualy invisible
as it will look like part of the toilet bowl

greenmummy
as big-all says you need to build it up to one whole bead then the next on top ...;)

I find it easier in the long run and more professional finish to remove and replace the pan, only takes an hour and saves messing around.

bandit1200
very good point for the future , as a Pro Tiler we go under the bowl an peds ...

I still put a bead around a bowl........
tiled/laminated under any way .......go any bathroom you get that finish , just right ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back