Laminate Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently laying a new laminate floor (real wood with oak veneer, made by Westco, bought in Homebase) which looks quite nice. Only thing is, it is proving far harder to lay than I think it should. It is a glueless system and the tongue and groove is really tight and I have to whack the laying block quite hard at times to get them fully interlocked. I have damaged a few boards as the veneer can chip off. Is there anything I can lubricate the 'tongue' with to help, without any long term detriment to the wood.

Sponsored Links
Hold a scrap piece inbetween the hammer and the board you want to install then you should only damage that, and not the good board. You don't need to lubricate the joints. Make sure that the joints are free of any bits and that each part of the joint is sound - any deformation will make it very difficult to mate up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back