Laying a patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice needed. I,m attempting to lay a patio next to my garage,half the area has concrete down already and the other half is lawn and plants which is lower than the concrete is it ok to bring the lawn area up by filling it with hardcore so it is level with the concrete? Also the concrete is 1 inch below the damp course of the garage so is it ok to start the patio 2 inches away from the garage as when I add the sharp sand and patio slab it will be higher than the damp course but not touching it as it will be 2 inches away from the garage.Also how do you make a wooden square frame which the hardcore goes in?

Sponsored Links
I think the most important thing is to make sure your patio slopes away from the garage. You need to mark out carefully using pegs, string, spirit level etc.

I'd also go 6 inches out rather than 2 inches - with a 2-inch gap it would be easy for debris and rotting leaves to form a bridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back