laying paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im completing a job for a relative that the builder who was doing it has taken over 12months and only laid approx 50 patio flags, all be it only working weekends scotching,

Ive looked at what he has done so far and he seems to have laid a base of sand and possibly cement onto soil and then placed mortor on top and laid the paving on this? I would have thought a hardcore base would have been more appropriate but this is what im working with.

He has finished the paving but the edging stones and pointing still needs doing! Can anyone advise me on the best course of action for both laying the edging stones and the pointing. should i lay on sand and cement dry mix and mortor in place? and should i just brush sand and cement into the joints?

All help would be really appreciated, my relation is at her wits end with this project she has had a builders yard in her garden since april 2006, so ive offered to finish it her free of charge.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do a search you lazy bugger, this has been covered several times in the last 24 hours, in this very forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back