Laying tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son and I are about to tile a new garage roof. The tiles that we have bought have no holes in them, so I suppose we will have to drill them.
Do we nail every row, other row or every third row? The pitch is about 40 degrees. Also when nailing down the tiles with copper nails, do we nail them down tight or lose?
Thanks
Waltone

Sponsored Links
what make and style are the tiles,the makers usually provide the nail holes,if required.always loose nail the tiles,if they are rosemary tiles 10.5''x6.5'',they are nailed as follows;1,eave tiles and first course of full tiles.2,all the verge tiles(the one's down the edges).3,every fifth course.4,the top course .for the larger concrete pan tiles,forget the eave tile and nail every third course,don't forget plastic eaves fillers if you're using tiles with a large profile,i.e.marley bold roll.(don't want mr dickie bird and his mates making themselves a comfy new home this winter do we).and finally don't forget to bed the verge tiles before you nail them,trying to point them up later is nigh on immpossible and time consuming AND a waste of compo.hope this helps,and the best of luckto you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back