LCD display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

Having just revived a Sony CFS-B31 radio - cassette recorder with new drive belts, there is another minto but annoying problem.

There is an LDC display on the front that shows the radio tuning. For a long time, it has been somewhat unreadable with just a few random lines displaying. While fitting the drive belt today, I tried to see what the problem is and could I fix it.

No. Pressure on the screen brings up different bits of the display, but I cannot find whatever pressure is causing it not to work properly. One way or another, it seems to be working, just not displaying the wave length as a readable number.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

Sponsored Links
If the display connects to the PCB by a "rubber" strip between display and PCB then you might improve things by cleaning the contact of the "rubber" strip. Use Iso-propyl alcohol, not 100% certain to repair and may make matters worse if the "rubber" is damaged by the alcohol.

The strip is normally a series of alternate layers of conducting and non conducting material.
upload_2020-3-20_17-6-33.png

Thanks for the reply. guess that is what I will try, however, there is always a but, and in this case, it is quite a big BUT.....

The LCD module is mounted on a pressed metal support and has small folded lugs holding it all together. I ill investigate again, but my guess would be there is a reasonable chance of breaking the LCD glass by trying to release the lugs. But I'm sue it will be possible.

Toodle pip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back