Lead pipe replaced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
Just had main feed cold water pipe (lead) replaced the company terminated the new stop cock in the garage, old one is in the kitchen under concrete.
I have temporarily used speedfit pipe routed into the kitchen to feed the house & boiler.
Now the issue issue routing a new pipe through the kitchen is the concrete floor, would there be any issues if I were to route the pipe by securing and routing it along the ceiling? I have a suspended ceiling in place so you would be unable to see the pipes, but I was concerned about condensation etc.
Any thoughts welcome

Sponsored Links
Can't see any problem with this, especially if you insulate the pipes in the ceiling space to decrease the chances of condensation.

Sponsored Links
Must admit that for some reason a suspended ceiling in a domestic house intrigues me :)

Cheers I will use insulation as I am using copper pipe.
Regarding suspended ceiling its more of a ceiling lower that the original ceiling height is all. As we had an extension, so did a lower ceiling so that it was a uniform height.

I always think that copper causes more condensation!

I like suspended ceilings. Sound adsorption, thermal insulation etc. hides lighting wiring and devices.

Most of all I can get a smart professional appearance without having to employ a plasterer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back