lead roofing

Sponsored Links
its a pretty speicalist job. but you can get a booklet showing details from your local builders merchant. the lead sheet association also do a set of manuals ( about £100?? i think). plumbers are the trade who do lead work.

the thickness of lead is determined by the size of a single piece. code 4 lead should not be any longer than 1500mm long otherwise it will fail after only a few years.

Sponsored Links
hi, kostello :) so what your saying is if you use code 4 lead for flashing across a roof where it meets the brickwork which is 3m long the lead would have to be cut into 2 pieces...is this right or could you do it in one piece....:eyes

yes deffinantly 2 bits. most builderrs merchants keep copies of booklets that show how to detail leadwork properly.
if not calders or british lead mills can send you one i think.
i spent 18 months repairing the leadwork of one previous subbie. all due to using code 3 lead and loads of silicone.
buy the way most silicone sealants don't stick to lead only high quality neutral cure ones do

good luck
aleks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back