Leaking Halstead platinum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a Halstead Finest Platinum fitted in the house and have had a problem with pressure dropping every so often but no sign of a leak.
I have now discovered a leak from the fill loop valve nut as in the picture.
I think the connection will clean up ok and I'll be able to reseal the nut, but incase it doesn't go to plan I was looking in vain on the net for a spare valve. For some reason I can't find one.
Anyone know where I'll find one and is it actually called a fill loop valve? Also what's it's purpose? Is it a non return valve?
Thanks for your help.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82775580@N05/7622707694/

Sponsored Links
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the leak shown in your pic is upstream of the filling loop, and therefore cannot cause a loss o pressure in the primary water system, things to check - AAV's on the boiler for leakage, the Expansion vessel for correct air charge ;)

Thanks Boilerman
I will check out the air valve and tank for leaks.

Sponsored Links
I drained down the system and re pressurised the PV, took the leaky joint to bits and found the washer was disintegrated. I refilled the system and the pressure is holding for now.
I'll see what the pressure is like over the next few days and I'll get a new washer and fit that too.
Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back