Leaking Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leaking mixer tap and thought it maybe the washer in the cold tap. However it appears that the washer is not of the old standard type. Please see attached photos.

Any advice please.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
1. That's not a tap washer, it is a silicone rubber ring. With 1/4 turn taps it is used to press the two ceramic valve segments together.
2. They can compress over time, not exert enough force, and allow water to seep between the segments.
3. You need to find a cartridge of the correct type and replace the whole cartridge. I'd recommend doing hot and cold at the same time. If one side has gone, it's quite likely the other will follow soon after.

1. That's not a tap washer, it is a silicone rubber ring. With 1/4 turn taps it is used to press the two ceramic valve segments together.
2. They can compress over time, not exert enough force, and allow water to seep between the segments.
3. You need to find a cartridge of the correct type and replace the whole cartridge. I'd recommend doing hot and cold at the same time. If one side has gone, it's quite likely the other will follow soon after.
Thank you. Managed to pair a pair of cartridges from Wickes for £6 replaced and now no drips ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back