Leaking Monoblock tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched but could not find a suitable result, if i have missed it please direct me to the right place.

My bathroom sink monoblock appears to be leaking. I do not think it is through the tails as water is dripping down the fixing threads rather than the flexible hoses. Also it appears to only leak after the tap has been used rather than all the time.

Is it possible that the internals of the tap are failing? I have removed the tap had a look to see if i could see anything out of place or even if there was any sign of corrosion or a crack but to no avail.

The retaining threads and the underside fixing plate have corroded quite considerably so it looks like water has been dripping over them for some time.

Can any one advise. Is it possible to post pictures here? If so i could show where the water is coming from and what the tap looks like.

The tap itself is from MFI and externally looks like;

http://www.mfi.co.uk/mfi/FinalProdu...hroom/BathroomTaps/BasinTaps&CT=*&SKU=BTP1775

Does anyone know how long MFI stuff is guaranteed for? Another retailer appears to be selling the same tap with a 10 year guarantee. MFI cust. services put me through to a number that has closed for easter.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've been to MFI and they only guarantee the taps for 12 months as opposed to 5 or even 10 years for the same tap from other suppliers.

How do monoblock taps split? I want to look inside it as the tap is now useless and before i shell out for another one want to check it is not something simple that has died.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back