Leaking radiator HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Okay, so my radiator in the bathroom had been hanging off the wall for months. The wall was simply crumbling and the brackets were loose. Having tried to contact my landlord on many occasions, and having no response to the problem, I propped it up with a wardrobe (yes I know! And it did look a mess!) .

Anyway as it is cold and I need the central heating, I called again and the guy came, moved it, and all was fine... Until the next morning (yesterday) when I woke to a wet bathroom carpet, and water coming from the radiator, with a boiler pressure of 0. I am still awaiting a reply to my call yesterday morning, but don't hold out much hope! I don't mind having a go myself if I know what I should do. I also need to know if I can safely use my washing machine (although I assume the answer will be no :( !)

Can anyone help?
Please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the leak is actually coming from the radiator, turn both valves completely off. Depending on the type, one valve may have a plastic cap that you remove, before turning the stem beneath with a spanner.
If the rad has a TRV then really a decorators cap needs to be fitted to that to fully stop the flow.
If the water leak is from the pipes leading to the valves, then call for assistance!
If your luck is in, repressurise your boiler and away you go as before.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back