Leaking seam conservatory wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4054E1CE-54BE-4E96-A7C4-E60D48C4C51F.jpeg

Hi all,

Long time lurker & I've read through a fair few posts, but would appreciate some eyes on this.

Background is we inherited a poly conservatory with our house (semi) & the poly wall is leaking down a seam. There’s a conservatory at the adjoining house and probably 30cm between the two, so I’ve no idea how to properly inspect and repair.

I don’t know enough about the construction of these to know how and where the water I running in.

Any ideas? Hopefully the picture uploaded ok.

Note the seam is the gap where my finger is, not the join between brick and the conservatory. I wiped it with a towel so that’s why there’s water everywhere.

8C2BE2F6-9CA6-4661-A24F-E13A0D525EA8.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Here’s a picture of the outside. Finally stopped raining so I could get out. No idea why that corregated plastic is there.

C9D02F60-4E35-4645-AE7C-A956FCA1DC0C.jpeg
1C97E139-C414-4AE6-AA4D-B1F9E05886EF.jpeg
353C2025-926A-4191-8013-52AD16386DC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, what you need to do now is go outside and start from the lowest point with a hose pipe then soak the upvc, then move to the next joint until the leak comes inside. You might need two of you to do this.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I remember all the head scratching and wasted labour in trying to make my leaky uPVC conservatory watertight. I took it down eventually; when I cut through the frame members after removing roof and windows, there was water *inside* them.

They are not proper buildings and will always let the elements in sooner or later.

Thanks both for your replies.

I ran out of time yesterday, but will try to diagnose via the hose method later in the week.

They are awful structures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back