leaking shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help ichurchmans shower mixer tap when i turn the lever so the water come out of the shower I also get water coming out of the spout or what ever its called (sorry) :( but when i turn the lever so it comes out of the spout all is fine no water comes out of the shower.

Does anyone no what I am talking about and can you help me please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a valve in the body of the tap which directs water to shower or tap as selected. These can become worn and let by which i believe is the problem you are describing. You can try stripping down the tap to see if the valve is one which can be repaired. I do not know the name of the tap you give but i have seen some with plastic valves which break or deform when used as people tend to push the lever just that little bit to far to ensure a seal. If you haven't the time or expertise to do this then i would replace the tap with a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back