leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new shower installed, it has 2 glass sides and a door, with the shower head against the wall, the shower leaksslightly on one side at the botton where there side pneljoins the wall, it has been reseale there on both sides but always starts to leak after a week or so. Basicall I thing the 3-side enclosure is inherently unstable, especially with a wife who is determined to lean on the side panel to clean it after use( dont ask me to tell her to stop drying it, tried that and was told to sort out the leak). Is there any way of sealing this type of leak which is more annoying and cosmetic than anything else. Are there bracing kits that will connect the door panel to the back wall and across to the side panels?

Sponsored Links
Try not to seal the inside of the cubical if at all possible. just make sure the outside edges are well sealed, especially at the lower part of the panel.

My reason for thinking this is, if any water gets past the inside edge silicone seal it will get trapped between that and the outside edge silicone seal and not drain away back into the shower tray. difficult to explain, hope you can see what I'm trying to get at. :confused:

On the other hand, you could take the whole thing off and run silicon up the wallplates since there is no doubt water trapped there, which will prevent any ne silicon from sticking.

As for bracing the sides to the wall, any strips of metal, bent at the ends to aallow for screwing to the wall and the top rail will do the job. Would have thought a shelving bracket such as
fixed in a horizontal configuration would do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back