Leaking slow fill valve in toilet

Sponsored Links
I haven't, but even with it manually closed (grab the pivot by the hand and pull vertically upwards as far as it goes), the unit still leaks.
The lever arm will only go up as far as the float will allow it, it's all connected by the threaded rod. So if the float is at the top of it's travel, you won't be able to pull the arm up any more to push the valve shut properly, especially if the valve's older and a little worn. Never discount a simple fix until it's tried.

The lever arm will only go up as far as the float will allow it, it's all connected by the threaded rod. So if the float is at the top of it's travel, you won't be able to pull the arm up any more to push the valve shut properly, especially if the valve's older and a little worn. Never discount a simple fix until it's tried.

There's plenty of travel left in the float. A good inch or two. Pulling the lever arm up that remaining inch or two doesn't shut the flow off.

Edit: In fact, now that I recall how I did it - I even disconnected the lever arm from the float to allow for complete movement in the lever arm to its upper-most point.

There's plenty of travel left in the float. A good inch or two. Pulling the lever arm up that remaining inch or two doesn't shut the flow off.
Can't see that from the picture .... you didn't mention that important point .... and me crystal ball's in for repair ;)

Sponsored Links
Can't see that from the picture .... you didn't mention that important point .... and me crystal ball's in for repair ;)

I did say it was moved "as far as it goes", and that the valve was "closed". Apologies for not being clearer (y)

Like my dad used to say " it's got to get worse before it gets better "

Good luck with the project (y):)

Like my dad used to say " it's got to get worse before it gets better "

Like my aunt said ""it's got to get worse before it gets fixed"" ( refering to my uncle's habit of delaying doing things around the house )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back