Leaking waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

I recently had my washing machine plumbed in, and the guy had trouble connecting my waste pipe - as it had to be connected to an extention pipe, and he had to use glue.

Anywayyyyy I had to undo the join due to a blockage, and yep, you guessed it, it's leaking again. I don't want to recall the plumber if I can help it, so I just wondered if anyone knew what this glue he used would be? Or if I can use any other sealant sort of thing that's avail in most diy stores?

Thanks in advance!
Sharon

Sponsored Links
Um... I think so,

Basically he tried to fix them together with those little silver connecter things (the ones with a screw that you tighten that tightens the ring), but it still leaked, so he used some sort of glue/solvent sort of thing as well, and that did the job...

Sponsored Links
so he used jubilee clips to connect the two together

You can by a connector from DIY stores and still use the jubilee clips, The connector is tapered so the leak will be easier to seal without the need for solvent ( I can't understand why he use solvent)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back