Leaky pushfit on water filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a leaky speedfit connection.

I have a water filter for under the sink and it all has plastic tubes etc.

All the pipes are cut of square and burrs removed, but i opened the cupboard one day to find a puddle of water.

Not best pleases as its a brand new kitchen and the laminate has bubbled a little.

Anyone have any tricks for getting these things to seal.

bit of ptfe tape or something?

its a filter with two spikes, that the push fits fit on, like the things below, but its not and b and crap one.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1247138058158&isSearch=true

cheers
A

Sponsored Links
Speedfit connections usually fail for one of 3 reasons;

1) Someone forgot to put the insert in the end of the plastic pipe

2) The pipe where it pushes into the fitting is scored

3) The pipe isn't pushed in far enough.

Best to remove pipe and check. Best to cut off a bit of the end of pipe, and re-make connection.

Also, try to ensure the pipe enters the fitting as straight as possible - sideways force sometimes creates a leak, even though, logically, it shouldn't!

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for the input.

I the pushfit was leaking from the filter, end and unfortunately the pipe equivalent is a bit scored by the grab rings.

However i have remade the connection with a different fitting and it all seems to be holding together. fingers crossed.

Cheers
A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back