Lean to Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a little advise off anyone who has done something similar.

I'm going to replace a lean-to roof on our 1970's property, primarily to oversail the bay window and to give a better flashing, but also to change the style of the tiles (currently not in keeping with the area).

I’m all sorted for the construction of the eaves, non-party wall gable, ridge, flashings soffit etc. My issue is that next door have a lean-to also, this is at a lower pitch (houses had a flat roof before so there are variances). The existing flashband wont come off clean, so lowering is a no go.

Therefore I want to maintain my roof at the current higher level, extend as planned. My question is therefore what is the best method of flashing into there roof (I hold no value in the poor construction that may be currently used).

My plan was to ply face the party (gable end sort of speak) to U/S of tile level, tank with a membrane lapped into the new membrane and possibly theirs if available. Then install a lapped cladding panel, and some type of flashing fixed over their tiles (interface with plastic and flashing a bit questionable). Seal the cladding to the brick and finish with a dry verge system on my tiles.

Permission etc is no problem as we have full agreement from next door. Although not something I wish to but reliance on, the existing flat roofing is still below both lean-to roofs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back