Led bulbs in a circuit with an extractor fan. Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently (6 months) fitted seven led Gu10 bulbs in my bathroom downlighters, the bulbs were expensive (£10.00 each). Since fitting we have replaced at least six because of failure, The supplier is now suggesting there is something amiss with the wiring which I dont think is the problem.There is an overun fan fitted in the circuit, Could this be causing the problem?
Any ideas would be welcome

Sponsored Links
The fan has nothing to do with it, neither does the wiring.

The most likely causes are overheating caused by insulation over the fittings, fire rated fittings which do not have sufficient ventilation for LEDs, or that the lamps purchased were in fact cheap rubbish.

Thanks for reply, There seems to be a lot of contradictions with led, I understood they produced no heat yet I have some in gu10 led's in completely unshrounded fittings that get too hot to handle yet seem reliable

Sponsored Links
they do not produce NO heat, they produce LESS heat, but that heat they do produce they need to be able to dispel or risk burning out the internal components

And I would certainly put £10 LED lamps into the cheap range of the spectrum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back