LED Driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have 2 LED Drivers on top of my kitchen cupboards which serve some under cabinet LEDs. There are no over cabinet lights but I'd like to add some LED strips on top of the cupboards.

The drivers are labelled 24V and 6W. Each one has a total of 2.4W already from the under lights.

I would like to add 4m of LED strips. Is it possible to do this using those drivers? I can't find anything appropriate, would I be better off leaving as is and adding new drivers for the LED strips from the nearby junction boxes?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The drivers are labelled 24V and 6W. Each one has a total of 2.4W already from the under lights.

I would like to add 4m of LED strips. Is it possible to do this using those drivers?
Don't know.

Do your LED strips need a 24V supply?

Is there enough capacity left in your existing drivers to accommodate the new load?

Do your LED strips need a 24V supply?

I haven't bought them yet but 12V seems a lot more common than 24V.

Is there enough capacity left in your existing drivers to accommodate the new load?

It's less than 4W remaining capacity on each driver and LED Strips seem to be about 4W per metre so its not panning out.

I'll just start over with a new kit that includes drivers. The JBs are accessible and since they run from a FCU I guess I can safely just add to them.

Sponsored Links
Amazing what you can find out when you bother to do a bit of research, isn't it.

It' also amazing what out can find out if you bother reading the OP properly. I already did the research. The questions you asked we're already answered in the OP, in that I don't yet have over cabinet lights and the drivers are 6w with an existing 2.4w load.

As stated I was struggling to find anything appropriate. Sometime it's worth asking because many times people on this forum are aware of suitable products that they have used before. It was also pretty clear I was coming to the conclusion to leave as is and buy a new driver.

Lxboy managed to confirm that was the correct approach In a single sentence, without being obnoxious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back