led undercabinet lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any experience of this type of lighting. I recently bought some led triangular undercabinet lights but they only had 5 led's per fitting and were very dim so I took them back. Will 21 led fittings be bright enough the advert says fitted with g4 1.3watt led lamps does this mean 1.3 watts per led !! which would equate to 27.3 watts or does that mean 1.3 watts total. I know led's are measured in lumens but how do these compare to watt's,tried doing a search but couldn't find out anything useful.

Sponsored Links
probaly that is a total load. email them and ask.

the trouble with leds is they are not that bright unless you get superbright leds.

if you feel up to it you can always make something up yourself using superbright leds.

I was thinking of trunking with leds fixed in it

I had already emailed them but their response was slow, anyway they just got back to me and they say total 1.5 watts which I think is way to low as a working light so I've gone for 7w cfl lights of the same design. I guess led lighting is just for fancy and not mean't to be used as a working light.

Whats the point in using fittings that look nice, where you cant see them? :confused:

Surely fluorescent striplight would be a better light to work with, than a small CFL.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back