Leveling a Bitumen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a basement room where the floor falls from a high spot at the door to -45mm on the far wall, the floor covering is bitumen. I was planning on using a cement screed but have since read that this should be used at a minimum thickness of 50mm so no good for this application. What would be the best method of leveling this floor, should i be using bitumen? Any advice appreciated.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have leveled bitumen floors in the past with a latex screed (bag and bottle) used a product called arditex it sticks to anything as long as you use a neoprene primer.. Uzin do a paste primer that takes a few hours to dry (and it must be dry) before screeding.. Just pour it in and it should find it's own level just coax it into the corners and you can pour it in as thick as you like..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back