Leveling Concrete floor in New Flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Recently purchased my 1st home in in an old renovated Ropeworks building.

The issue I am having is the Floors are concrete, and very un-even at points.

Unfortunately, I dont have the finances to have the place completely skimmed, and have read about self leveling etc...

I am also looking to maybe put laminate or wood flooring down over it, and wondering what would be best, what would have more give etc...

Any info on the best course of action would be fantastic guys, should self level compound etc be enough, and if so, best course of action.

Thanks again (Amazing Forum)!

Sponsored Links
You will have to state how many mm you are looking to in-fill to let people say.

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Generally, there is bumps, lumps, holes all over the floor, and is really un-even in parts.

The Floor space is 76 Meters Squared, so its a large floor space.

Any info would be fantastic, hoping to get something started and some info on best materials to purchase to floor it, as the easter sales are hopefully on their way :)

Thanks again for the reply, and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I think mointainwalker means the depth differences im mm ;)

Jeezo Guys Sorry, I'm half daft at times!

I would say some of the Depth differences can be anything from 10 to 25 mm in parts, lumpy and bumpy all over the place.

Vast majority of the floor is massive concrete slabs

Hope that gives you a better idea.

Cheers

In which case you will need a levelling compound suitable for those depths. Here is a link to the sticky on levelling in the flooring forum: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80333

If you haven't already, I would read it and then post any further questions in that forum to get the best answers for which type of floor would be best for your situation.

:)

Thank you very much man.

Really Really appreciate the direction!

with that area and those bumps and you DIY`ing -I would suggest laying battens on sand/cement beds and sheet flooring over it giving a chipboard or ply floating floor :idea:

with that area and those bumps and you DIY`ing -I would suggest laying battens on sand/cement beds and sheet flooring over it giving a chipboard or ply floating floor :idea:

Hey Nige

Its been discussed as well mate, my uncle and Dad are joiners, so its defs an option.

Really im looking for the most cost effective way possible, but thank you for that mate, il defs pass that info on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back