Lifetime Warranties on Clutch Kits and Flywheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a three part clutch kit from Eurocarparts (plate, cover and central slave cyclinder) and a dual mass flywheel. Good prices and all German made stuff. When you order online (you can click and collect or get it delivered) they generally have a discount code they either email to you or it's on the website at the checkout page. I got 30% off.

Until the end of March 2018 all clutch kits and flywheels come with a free lifetime warranty.
I've used this firm for a while now for everything from screenwash to oil and filters to components and have no complaints.

Sponsored Links
Is that your lifetime, or

wouldn't the lifetime of the clutch or flywheel be until it wears out?

Is that your lifetime, or

wouldn't the lifetime of the clutch or flywheel be until it wears out?

I remember asking a climbing instructor how long climbing ropes last.....his answer: 'a life time' -I wasn't reassured :)

Sponsored Links
ECP do several levels of quality, you get what you pay for.

Coincidence or just strange?
I was talking to a boss in work today who asked why I didn't lubricate certain bearings on one of the machines. I said they are sealed for life and don't need lubricating. So he asked if that meant they never failed. Anyway, discussion went on about how they were fitted, load stresses, alignment etc until he asked how long sealed for life meant. I said in general standard bearings have a lifetime of 100,000,000......... and before I could finish he said, "years???" LOL
I had to explain it was relative to what we discussed and that they should last 100,000,000 revolutions of the shaft. I cut the conversation short when he asked how we counted the number of revs it did each week.

A Lifetime warranty doesn't mean what some of you may think. Its not a guarantee that the product will last a lifetime and be replaced for free when its worn out. It means its warranted to be free from defects for the life of the product.

ECP do several levels of quality, you get what you pay for.
Quite true Dave. Which is why I went for the LUK clutch kit and the Sachs Dual Mass Flywheel. Both German companies. LUK clutches are used in the VW vehicle factories on a lot of models. There was a cheaper option clutch kit but one never knows if it was made by a seven year old in a jungle workshop.

Good to see that EFL is still staring at us with that rancid green japs eye. He could start an argument in an empty room.

So as not to disappoint Seafarer -

A Lifetime warranty doesn't mean what some of you may think. Its not a guarantee that the product will last a lifetime and be replaced for free when its worn out. It means its warranted to be free from defects for the life of the product.
"It means its warranted to be free from defects for the life[time] of the product".

Without any time or mileage specified, doesn't that just take us back to square one and isn't it virtually meaningless?

Yeah, pretty much. It could extend beyond the 6 year statutory limit. But it probably doesn’t.

Edit: having read your question again, I'm still not sure you are clear - it means free from defects at the point of manufacture/sale. So mileage and age makes no real difference other than a defect might be more likely to show up with high use.

Last edited:
I suspect they'd still argue it was wear and tear if your clutch failed in 10k miles !

Sponsored Links
Back