Light bulb identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Please help to identify this type of a LED light bulb that I removed from my new desk lamp,
as want to change it to a similar one but with a warmer light. This one is very white cold
Spent an hour on Ebay and still can't figure it out! Thanks..

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 146
Sponsored Links
Spend an hour with a soldering iron and some warm white surface mount leds. You wont find a direct replacement for that unit.

As above it looks like its specialy made for the unit and possibly exclusive to them or similar fittings

Spend an hour with a soldering iron and some warm white surface mount leds.
Or spend 5 minutes with a pair of scissors and some transparent coloured film. It might make it too dim, in which case you can look for other solutions, but it might do the trick, in which case it would be a very quick and easy fix.

Sponsored Links
No idea of size but to me that looks like parts from inside a bulb rather than the whole bulb. LED's do get hot and so are mounted on something to remove the heat. There has been a move to mount the LED's direct rather than as a renewable part as it allows the heat to be removed better and they last so long there is really no need to renew them. Look at most LED touches there is no way to renew the bulb there is simply no user renewable parts, when it fails you renew the whole thing.

Spend an hour with a soldering iron and some warm white surface mount leds.
Or spend 5 minutes with a pair of scissors and some transparent coloured film. It might make it too dim, in which case you can look for other solutions, but it might do the trick, in which case it would be a very quick and easy fix.

Yep, I guess it is the easiest solution as I don't have a soldering device/experience. Do you have an idea where I can buy a coloured film? Ty

Last edited:
For a small piece have a word with the lighting technician at your local theatre. They often have scorched filters from which a few square inches of good material can be recovered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back