light fixture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently moved into a new house and a week or so ago i posted on here about my bedroom light and how it wont work. I originally thought perhaps it was put out of action by a leak in the roof, as there's an old-looking watermark around where the light is, but someone thought that's probably wouldn't be the reason.

Anyway, today i stuck a bulb in the light socket just for the hell of it and pushed it upwards really tight. I then flicked the switch on and off......and low and behold the light actually flickered on for a split second each time i flipped the switch.

When I went to remove the bulb from the socket the plastic bit that holds it in place literally disintegrated in my hand. I think the fixture must be really old. Could the cause of my light not working be a need to replace the fixture with a new one? Or would that be far too easy?!

Any thoughts most welcome...

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back