Lighting cable regulations

Thanks for the help everyone. I will look at whether I can fit RCBO to the existing CU or move the lighting MCB to the RCD part of the board. I assume this is notifiable?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help everyone. I will look at whether I can fit RCBO to the existing CU or move the lighting MCB to the RCD part of the board. I assume this is notifiable?
Another thing that people may argue about!

Are you in England? If so, it would only be notifiable if one considered that one had 'created a new circuit'. I personally don't see that moving the same MCB to the RCD side of the board, or replacing the MCB with an RCBO of same rating ("In") would constitute the creation of a 'new circuit', but others might disagree.

In Wales it probably would be notifiable.

Kind Regards, John

I've read that Wylex RCBO Type B can retro-fit in place of NSB MCB. Anybody on here able to confirm that? My CU is a Wylex NHRS4806.

Sponsored Links
Great, will give it a go. Just saw some people online saying the height of the RCBO was a problem but I will measure up first.

Great, will give it a go. Just saw some people online saying the height of the RCBO was a problem but I will measure up first.

You'll need to dress the wiring carefully, avoiding sharp bends. Also check that the free ends of the L & especially the N (which will curently be in the N bar) wires are long enough to reach the terminals in the RCBO, which will be that much higher up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back