lock cylinder/key stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advice, I stupidly swapped the cylinder in my back uPVC door to the front uPVC door because the front was sticking a bit. Took both cylinders out ok and put the back door one into the front door ok, but have managed to get the key stuck upside down and can not remove the key or lock from the door. What I didn't notice before I put the cylinder in was the offset's of the cylinder are not the same, so I think I may have got the bolt stuck in the wrong place.

Sorry about the long explanation, is there anything I can do or is it time to call a locksmith?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it one of these?
69_2.JPG

If so, undo the centre screw bolt from the edge of the door, then move backward & forward while turning the key at the same time.

Thats the one, tried moving back and forward and turning the key, but seem to be stuck on something.

Hi managed to get the lock out eventually, but have found the problem is that the multi point lock mechanism is broken (found a little bit of metal inside that had broken of) I suppose I have to buy the whole thing, trouble is it doesn't have any manufactures names on it. Anyone have any ideas where I could get one from?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back