loft conversion/support beams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Needing a little help, I have just moved into a new house and needing to turn the loft into another room just storage at the moment but might one day be an extra room, I have uploaded some pics of the loft to an album and in the pics you can see that the support beams are in a W shape what I would like to do is take away the 2 tall ones and make to space bigger,

I understand that if I move these l can support the wood at the top of the roof with something else, Thats what I am in need of. what to use and how to do it and is it possible to remove these without the hole steel beams going in,

Please could anyone help me, All advise appreicated thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Those are trusses. You can't just take any parts away, and will need alterations designed by an engineer or suchlike - and normally its a total redesign of the roof

Those are trusses. You can't just take any parts away, and will need alterations designed by an engineer or suchlike - and normally its a total redesign of the roof
was hoping it was a little easier than that ok thanx for getting back to me will get someone in so redesign it for me, thanx again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back