loft isulation help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently insulated the loft with 200 mm rockwool insulation but the ceiligs are part sloping and i cant get the rock wool down the sloping parts of the ceiling

i have round soffit vents approx 70mm diamater and a large air brick in the gable end and no felt on the underside of the roof i some time get water on the uderside of the slates running down to the soffit.

what i propose to do is remove the soffit vents and slide lengths of pipe up in to the roof to maintain ventalation an fill the sloping part with vermiculite but i am worried that with no felt on the roof the vermiculite will get wet due to condesation ?? or am i worring for nothing ??

or is there another way round this problem with out using spray foam the ceilings are lath and plaster and showin signs of mould could this be due to a lack of insulation?? :?:

Sponsored Links
hi there just seen your post. you should have a gap between the slates and the insulation of about 50 mm to let the timbers breath. sometimes mould growth can be caused by lack of air circulation. also could you fit rigid insulation board instead and still leave a gap. you may be able to fit roof vents.

Hello
I have a similar problem to the one you have described and I was wondering if you have found a solution ?
Thanks
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back