Long Straight Cracks in all ceilings, why and what can we do

Blôôdy hell Richard that was a rough old time, I hope luck swings the other way for you.

I didn't realize you was sixty. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Blôôdy hell Richard that was a rough old time,
Tell me about it :cry:
I hope luck swings the other way for you.
Thanks, perhaps I've racked up enough pennance for that that big Euro lotto win :LOL:
I didn't realize you was sixty. :eek:
Yup, last October; thought my frequent references to “unfit old git” might have given that away :LOL: Wasn't too happy about it but nothin to be done except get on with it. ;)

Sponsored Links
The house is only 24 years old - why would this have happened?
Has any plasterer used nails rather than screws in the last 25 years?
I’ve never use anything other than screws in the 5 years I've been going & 25 years ago I had a completely different life :LOL: but I would think nails were commonly used long after that; they ceiling boards on a new house I bought 1986 were certainly nailed. Other, more time experienced, spreads on here may be able to advise when the switch started but, surprisingly, many still talk of nails.

But even screws won’t hold well if there wasn’t enough of them or if it’s been incorrectly boarded. ;)

Has any plasterer used nails rather than screws in the last 25 years?

Probably most if not all of them, i certainly have, (galvanised clout nails), and i still do use them. I do use drywall screws on occasions if i need too, (springy boards etc).
I'm sure you'll find that the vast majority of carpenters etc who fitted plasterboard up until a few years ago, would have used galvanised/sheradized clout nails too. Different nowadays with screwguns, (one of which i don't have).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back