looking for a installer to supply and fit a heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need a heating system supplied and installed in Earlswood,solihull near birmingham.

It a industrial unit. I have spoken to many plumbers and either they show lack of knowledge (tell em they need to ring a friend) , are ringing me back (but dont) , are coming to quote and dont turn up or simply wont return calls.

I phoned over 20 different companys today. Tried most in Yellow pages near me!

Its a industrial unit and we dont have gas. We are happy to have either a LPG tank installed or a oil tank. If you would like to come and quote and advice me in what you think will suit best then please contact me on 01564703900.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Whatever you do don't consider an oil tank on commercial/industrial premises. The responsibilities regarding spills theft etc are not worth it. The authorities always seem to ramp up their fines where businesses are involved.

when you say spills, i would presume i wasnt responsible if the company supplying, spilled oil but they would be?

When you say authorities do you mean the land lord or a authority of some other description? if so who ?

Theft, yes this is a worry.

What about a GAS tank? would H+S be a issue?

Whatever you do don't consider an oil tank on commercial/industrial premises. The responsibilities regarding spills theft etc are not worth it. The authorities always seem to ramp up their fines where businesses are involved.

So please tell the benifits of LPG or electric over oil.

Sponsored Links
The owner of the premises where an oil tank is located is responsible for any spill from it howsoever caused. Authority means the Environmental Agency who will pursue with criminal (not civil) charges.

There are LPG considerations but bulk tanks are installed & owned by the supplier. No-one can steal it and it can't pollute in the same way as oil. All other gas safety rules will apply.

The owner of the premises where an oil tank is located is responsible for any spill from it howsoever caused. Authority means the Environmental Agency who will pursue with criminal (not civil) charges.

There are LPG considerations but bulk tanks are installed & owned by the supplier. No-one can steal it and it can't pollute in the same way as oil. All other gas safety rules will apply.

that seems crazy that you can pay a professional company to supply and fill the tank but if they cock it up then the customer is held responsible? are you sure that is correct?

I can understand if say- the oil tank leeks due to poor maintenance by the owner? In other words a rotten / damaged tank that is being used.

Anyone know the typical costs on getting a LPG tank ?

Not just installers, owners are responsible for thieves and vandals as well. Owners can of course pursue them but the EA will only go for the owner/occupier.

In any case once the installer has sucessfully fitted the tank to spec and notified it or self cert for LABC, that's them pretty much out of the picture forever.

I very much doubt there would be any spillage or problem from the oil delivery co. Biggest worry would be the thieves, some who will stop at nothing to get the contents. They wont care what happens, once they've got what they can carry the rest can run down the drains, whatever. Not their problem, but very soon yours!

Even pinching the fuel from trucks parked overnight now, with offers of pretty nasty injuries to any driver who may wake and try to stop them. :eek: (Thats if the driver hasn't been gassed while they have his load as well....)

LPG, I believe Calor may supply a bulk tank FOC provided a commitment is made regarding purchasing the LPG from them.

Have you thought about renewables ie solar thermal and heat pumps with underfloor heating.
bigger instal cost but low running cost and no burning fossil fuel

Even pinching the fuel from trucks parked overnight now, with offers of pretty nasty injuries to any driver who may wake and try to stop them.

What if the driver has a gun?

A few petty thieves round my way are getting the copper pipe and barbed wire treatment.

It involves holding the victim down and inserting a short length of 22mm copper into the anus. Then a small length of barbed wire is inserted into the copper pipe.
The copper pipe is then extracted leaving the barbed wire in situ.
Ouch. :LOL: Never knew copper pipe had so many uses. :LOL:
Hospital job to sort it out.

Even pinching the fuel from trucks parked overnight now, with offers of pretty nasty injuries to any driver who may wake and try to stop them.

What if the driver has a gun?

A few petty thieves round my way are getting the copper pipe and barbed wire treatment.

It involves holding the victim down and inserting a short length of 22mm copper into the anus. Then a small length of barbed wire is inserted into the copper pipe.
The copper pipe is then extracted leaving the barbed wire in situ.
Ouch. :LOL: Never knew copper pipe had so many uses. :LOL:
Hospital job to sort it out.

I'll have to remember that one, there are a few people that I'd like to do that too.

Will the scrap yard still give you a clean copper price afterwards ? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back