looking for a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for a new boiler something like worcestor bosch hiflow 42or 44 cdi or vaillant 618/624 ? any thoghts price is a factor but reliability is as well replacing a suprima 80 so sanity dictates i dont go down that road again,tony :idea:

Sponsored Links
The Worcester High flow and the 618 boiler are completely different animals.. What type of system do you have in mind? A high flow combi or a system boiler with an unvented cylinder..

Vaillant 618 or 624 will do you nicely.... Obviously do get the heat requirements for your home calculated as you may not even need all that output.... And you will need an unvented cylinder if you don't already have one...

Sponsored Links
already have unvented cylinder went on vaillant site fed in all details thats what came back ie 3beds 2 bathrooms etc as i say made a mistake with the potterton last time 3 pcb"s later, enough is enough! just want to make sure i dont make the same mistake twice,t

As Grouch says, the two you suggest are very different boilers.

If you're replacing a Suprima then you have a heat only conventional boiler.

Replacing it with the Vaillant Ecotec 6xx would be fine. It's a system boiler, so likely you would be getting rid of your existing feed and expansion tank and sealing the system. (May be sealed already, I do see Suprima fitted with external expansion vessel) As a system boiler, the vaillant will have the pump within the boiler, but that's not a problem

If you are thinking of converting to a combi, I wouldn't go for a Worcester HiFlow. Although it has been upgraded the last few years, the older ones were notoriously unreliable. Even Worcester engineers advise customers to replace them. If you want a big combi go for one of the CDi's . If you've got more than 1 bathroom, I wouldn't consider a combi, but if you must, I would recommend the 42CDi.

Worcester score brilliantly in my book on after sales service. Second to none and by a long way in my book. If you use a worcester accredited installer you get a 5 year guarantee FOC. And it really is a guarantee. They just fix problems and don't try to wriggle out of their responsibilities like so many manufacturers do.

I like Vaillant too. I think you get more boiler for your money and from an installer's point of view I think they are easier to install and have more diagnostic capability. On the down side, since taking over GlowWorm 3 or 4 years ago, their customer service has gone to the dogs. A ten minute wait to speak to someone is a good day. I've waited an hour on the phone before

interesting comment"more boiler for your money"regarding the vaillant as thats the jist i was getting checkin out the various sites any idea why the worcestors appear to be a fair bit more expensive than the others are there good reasons to justify?t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back