Looking for an E27 lampholder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking for an E27 lampholder to replace the one which has lost it's footing in the set of lamps. This set of lamps is attached to the ceiling fan.

The one I am looking for is this :

however the closest I could find is this. I tried to get rid of the small metal plate at the base to use this, and I might be able to do so if I can't find the correct one.

Does anybody know where in the UK can I get one of these. Most of the internet searches are giving me wholesale people based in china / HK :cry:

TIA,

SP[/url]

Sponsored Links
Lampholders for light fittings can be notoriously difficult to get hold of. This, plus the faffing fitting the replacement, sometimes means it is cheaper to replace the whole unit.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. I have moved a few steps further from where I was but it looks like I am heading exactly the same way as you have said.

This is what I did, I got rid of the metal plate by punching out the small rivets which held the plate to the plastic. The holder I got is pretty similar to the original one but not the same. This is how it looks :

The fixing in the housing is like this :

The problem :

The solution that I have thought is a) cut the small plastic walls or b) use a slightly longer screw. I am thinking of going with solution b.

If that attempt fails as well then can anyone suggest where to get one of these :

Do they have standard sizes because I need it to fit under the existing ceiling fan :

so that it will finally look like this :

Actually I have two of those, so if I decide to replace both the units, its gonna be an expensive business, thats why I had hoped to fix the existing one.

Thanks,

SP

i doubt you will get a light the same as that, looks like its designed specificaly for the fan

Sponsored Links
RS's site is one of those thats pretty damn hostile to linking anyway, its not just the long links its the fact that at least at certain times in the sites life they just wouldn't work (due to the way the site tracks sessions i presume)

if you wan't to mention something from RS its generally best to just quote the RS part number and let the person who wants it put it in the box on thier site.

RS are expensive (unless you are a big company and do a preffererd supplier deal though even then thier prices aren't brilliant) and don't like dealing with individuals though so i'd only use them as a last resort.

did you fail to get the maplin lampholder to fit with longer screws then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back