Loose Plasterboard.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

New member here who's fairly new to decorating.

I'm currently decorating a bedroom but have found the sheets of plasterboard are flapping about a bit on one of the walls. I've had a look through the plug socket hole and it looks like the plasterboard was stuck to the brick wall but it has come away.

Now I really don't fancy pulling it all down and starting again as this is outside my comfort zone at the minute and probably outside of my budget too, plus I need the bedroom done before Christmas.

My question is would it work if I drilled a few holes using a hole saw and pumped in some sort of adhesive to fix it back on in situ?

Sponsored Links
Why not drill the plasterboard, continue into the wall then fill the hole with a rawlplug......popping a screw in after should sort you fine. Use as many plugs as you think you'll need - which probably isn't as many as you'd imagine! 6mm stuff is what you need.
John :)

just a wee bit squirty foam will push the plasterboard forward until it's taut. If you don't want the plasterboard coming forward too far put a couple of screws through it into the wall before foaming.

Why not drill the plasterboard, continue into the wall then fill the hole with a rawlplug......popping a screw in after should sort you fine. Use as many plugs as you think you'll need - which probably isn't as many as you'd imagine! 6mm stuff is what you need.

Thanks for the quick answer John.

So will the rawlplug just be in the stone wall or the plasterboard and the wall?

Sponsored Links
Ideally the plug should be in the plasterboard and then into the wall, but it needs to penetrate into the wall for around say, 30mm. Use a suitably long plug and screw to accommodate this.
With practice you can bury the plug deeper and all will be fine, once you get the hang of it!
Be lucky

Ah right cool. I've ordered some screws and rawlplugs to give it a go.

Many thanks for the replies chaps :)

Tap the wall to find out where the adhesive dabs are - then that's where you drill - through the dabs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back