loss of pressure and hammering in hot water tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just had a Worcester 30Si combi boiler installed and now one of the hot water taps developed a new problem. On the first twist - I get a bit of pressure, second twist - less pressure, third twist - loud disconcerting hammering, fourth turn - good pressure, no hammering. The problem occurs on the bathroom hot water tap (not a mixer), located 1 floor above the boiler. The installer blames the tap, as the kitchen mixer tap (downstairs, next to the boiler) is problem free, even when turning on just the hot water.

The 30Si replaced an old Potterton with a hot water tank, radiator flushing was provided. The installation is due to be inspected for certification (same company), and I wonder if it makes sense to stall the process till they resolve the issue?

Sponsored Links
Easy fix, just replace the tap inners. This happens a lot when you change from gravity hot water to pressurised. Not the installers fault but he could have explained it a bit better.

Buy some nice new taps and get them to change them over for free. I would consider that a good compromise.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back