Loss of tap pressure on sealed system (Alpha 28c)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently doing some renovation in the bedroom, it requires removing the rad for a period of time while the work is done.

I've had some x400 sludge remover in the CH system for a few months so today I drained down the system (flushing it out by opening the fill valve and letting it drain outside via a hose). Water was very very black.

I then removed the rad and capped off the supply pipes to it with stop ends. Topped the pressure backed up on the Alpha 28C boiler fine.

Few hours later though we notice both the hot and cold water have very little pressure when you open a tap. The boiler pressure gauge is fine but when I open the filling loop, the pressure doesn't rise as it normally does and it feels a bit stiff. I've checked round for leaks and found none.

Any ideas what I've done to cause the problem?

Sponsored Links
Think its more to do with your water supply as oppossed to a boiler fault,

have you turned the water off at the stop tap and not opened it fully ?

Hi, think you're right. Asked the neighbours and there's is slow too. Just a coincidence it happened when I did some work.

thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back