Low ceiling height and double oven/integrated Fridge freezer units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
This is probably a silly question to people in the know or trade but here goes .

I'm currently looking at a kitchen renovation , and the issue I have ,is that my ceiling is only 208 cm high .

is there anyway to fit double oven tall cabinets /integrated fridge freezer cabinets ? All the cabinets I’ve seen are 197 cm plus the feet taking it too high , or the cabinet itself is too high .

We really want the integrated look but if it’s impossible then we will have to change out plans .

if you can offer any advice that would be greatly appreciated , before I start speaking to trades etc and make a idiot of myself .

thanks all

Sponsored Links
You could maybe reduce the plinth height to 110mm (and the worktop height by 40mm) and use a timber frame on the floor instead of adjustable feet to carry the carcasses, although that might limit your choice of appliances and a low height worktop won't suit 6 footers. Fortunately many slot in ovens sit on brackets above the plinth and some appliances such as washing machines and tumble driers have 40 to 50mm space above them to the underside of the worktopsi rhey would go in. Dishwashers are more of a problem as they often need the full height of the plinth, but items like fridge freezers are often designed to slot into carcasses. It is also worth looking at IKEA as their appliances are built to work with something like an 80mm plinth height

You might want to look at firms who can supply made to measure doors. For example in Manchester (and Sheffield) we have a firm called HPP who make standard size vinyl-wrap doors, but who also make bespoke sizes (at extra cost, so maybe limit yourself to the upper cabs). Standard (upper) cabinets can be reduced in height relatively easily with some joinery skills (something a competent fitter should be able to do) or you might be able to order specials from a local kitchen firm

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back