Low flow error on Ferroli Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Following the removal of my bathroom towel rad for plastering work, I today got a boiler shutdown due to a low flow error.

The towel rad was the system open rad. I.e it has got no TRV. All other rads in the house have TRV's.

I have also noticed increased flow noise accross the TRV's since I removed the bathroom towel rad. Is this due to increased pressure because of no open rad on system?

I thought that the boiler (Ferroli Optimax 31kW) was supposed to have an internal auto bypass - or is that not enough in this circumstance?

Hopefully all will be well once I refit the bathroom rad. Should I remove one of the TRV's and fit the manual cap on temporarily?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If your system depends on the towel rad for working, I daresay your balancing is way off. Turn as many trvs on full as it takes to keep the boiler working long without shutting down. After 30 mins or more, measure the inlet and outlet temp at various rads and the boiler. MI should tell you what temps to look for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back