Low pitched tiled roof query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

First of all, please excuse my very poor attempt at the picture hah :unsure:

The red line as shown now has conservatory there now with a low pitched glass roof, but I was wondering would I be able to fit a pitched tiled roof to replace the flat roof and continue over the conservatory

So I will have a pitched tiles roof over my conservatory and the other flat roofed utility room

The flat room roof sticks out from the house about 2.9-3m, my worry is the window on 1st floor being so close height wise, does it look like from the picture I could get a low pitched tiles roof of will the angles be wrong

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    619.3 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Morning,

First of all, please excuse my very poor attempt at the picture hah :unsure:

The red line as shown now has conservatory there now with a low pitched glass roof, but I was wondering would I be able to fit a pitched tiled roof to replace the flat roof and continue over the conservatory

So I will have a pitched tiles roof over my conservatory and the other flat roofed utility room

The flat room roof sticks out from the house about 2.9-3m, my worry is the window on 1st floor being so close height wise, does it look like from the picture I could get a low pitched tiles roof of will the angles be wrong

Thanks

A tiled skirt would look more attractive than a low tile mono pitch.

Or replace with an orangery style flat roof -ie no lantern but a flat roof with a nice fascia detail that will run around.

Your conservatory frames will need to be able to support a solid roof -esp tiles which are B. heavy!

Sponsored Links
A tiled skirt would look more attractive than a low tile mono pitch.

Or replace with an orangery style flat roof -ie no lantern but a flat roof with a nice fascia detail that will run around.

Your conservatory frames will need to be able to support a solid roof -esp tiles which are B. heavy!

Thanks for reply

do you mean like this? I was thinking of raising conservatory roof as it sits a tad lower than the current flat roof utility room and has a slight pitch and having one big flat roof above both rooms. It would mean raising the conservatory roof I presume this can be done and just clad in more upvc?

I was thinking like the pic attached and just one sky light in for conservatory

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 117

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back